Fall is here! The leaves are beginning to turn, the sweaters are being pulled from last winter’s closets and the morning air has an ever-so-welcoming chill. In this ever-changing market, coupled with the 4 seasons we get to enjoy here, you can sell your house in any season. The key to finding a buyer for your house is to first understand the Asheville market; the way seasons affect it and then implement an appropriate approach.
I’ve put together these 5 home selling tips for this Fall, to help you with your home selling process.
- Time to tidy up – Just like with anytime of the year, before you put your house on the market, be sure to de-clutter your house. If you’re stuck and not sure where to start, this is my specialty. My background in home design taught me a lot about spatial placement and best use.
- Call on your fix-it crew – Whether your handy yourself, or you have a family member who is, this is the time to get everything show ready. You will save money in the long run by fixing it now. If there’s quite a bit you are aware of, it may be beneficial to get your home pre-inspected. I have an inspector who will cut you a deal if you choose this route. That way you will be able to see what could come up as an issue during the buyers due diligence period. You can fix it now, before it goes on the market, to ensure a higher sale price. Typically fixing it now saves you double, sometimes triple in negotiations.
- Clean up the yard – rake all those fallen leaves up and keep your walkways clear, freshen up old mulch with new, pull up dead plants, add some pretty fall blooming plants to your beds, such as mums. If you need help and cant do this work yourself, I can recommend you to some local lawn care professionals who do excellent work and give my referrals a discounted price.
- Decorate for the season – wreaths on the front door are my favorite seasonal decoration and I use them for my clients in staging. My aunt makes them for my business, so I have wreaths for all seasons. There’s also many other great decorating ideas I can share with you.
- Bake a treat– Baking a big batch of seasonal cookies is fun for yourself and also the homebuyers who come to see your home. You can leave them in a jar on the counter with a note. I learned that “personal touch” from my former professor’s book Fearless Change.
Just like anything else, paying attention to the details will separate you from the pack and really make your home shine! Look for an agent who is honest and doesn’t need a sale. If you are planning to sell your home, I hope these 5 home selling tips will help you. If you have any questions about the current market or are curious about the value of your home, I am happy to put together a market analysis, and review it with you free of charge.