10 Reasons to Sell in the Winter Months
- Inventory of competition is lower – Your home stands out with serious buyers, who have less to choose from. Odds of selling actually go UP during this time of year. Statistics prove this!
- SERIOUS buyers are out in the fall/winter. – Fewer people are in the house, yet are more likely to make an offer.
- Taking exterior photos with holiday decorations – This can be a big asset before being left with full-on winter, dead landscaping and nothing to dress it up! Fireplaces, evergreens, scented candles all add to the beauty inside….when it’s not so pretty outside. This contrast can cause YOUR home to show BEST NOW.
- It’s OK to have “no showings-times” during holidays – Just because you’re planning a few days of no showings is no reason to stay off the market for the REST of the time. “Not this week” is perfectly OK.
- Houses feel more like “homes” – Coming in from the cold, a cozy-home-feeling causes emotions you can’t get other times. People are generally just grateful and happier during this time of year. That can = a sale!
- Online searches go way up – People stay indoors and tend to do research online during time off. If you aren’t listed, they can’t find you.
- End of year buyers may pay more – End of year buyers may have mental or actual deadlines. With less time to negotiate AND fewer homes competing, that could = the BEST price for YOU.
- End of year buyers have an “urgency factor”- Many employers hire to start January. There are also tax benefits and other urgency factors that effect Buyers in Nov/Dec. If you don’t list now, you miss those buyers. They’ve bought before you ever go on the market.
- Late occupancies are common during this time – Many that need to buy by end of the year don’t have to occupy right away, allowing a real win-win. They win buying now, and you may be able to negotiate your move for later while taking your profit out now!
- Decreased demand on vendors – Lenders, appraisers, home inspectors, movers, and other vendors are less busy causing more time for YOUR transaction to be smoother & easier. A huge reason to do this NOW rather than with the “crowds.”
The Mountain Star Team is a homegrown real estate team that emphasizes reliability, experience, professionalism and customer service under the umbrella of RE/MAX Executive, #1 RE/MAX in the Carolinas.
Contact us today for help with your real estate needs.