Looking to retire in Asheville, North Carolina? Here are our TOP 5 reasons why Asheville is the place to go.
And we’re not the only ones saying it! Asheville has won the top spot on several best places to live lists as well as best places to retire in the United States.
- Mountains: Asheville, NC is nestled around the stunning Blue Ridge Mountains. There are five entrances to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park all within 70 miles from downtown Asheville: Cataloochee Valley, Oconaluftee, Road to Nowhere, Balsam Mountain and Big Creek.
- All 4 Seasons: That’s right – Asheville has a 4-season climate, but it’s very mild! Not too hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter. Asheville, North Carolina gets 41 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 39 inches of rain per year. Asheville averages 12 inches of snow per year. Asheville’s climate is pleasant year round.
- Culture: Asheville’s culture of eclectic, dynamic artists and new middle-class urbanist musicians is rich and overflowing with talent. We have a prominent art scene that includes over 30 art galleries and many art and music festivals throughout the year. If you’re wondering how to experience our culture, check out what the Chamber of Commerce has to say.
- Food Scene: Dining is the best in Asheville! With a very competitive restaurant scene, we have top-rated chefs serving up Sothern cooking, farm to table style meals, vegetarian fare, and international foods.
- Active Lifestyle: Golfing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, fishing, or walking around downtown are just a few ways to stay active and enjoy the outdoors in Asheville. Make sure that you also take advantage of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) located at the University of North Carolina, enabling retired adults to continue to grow through learning, leadership, community service.
Mountain Star Team of RE/MAX Executive is a team of seasoned professionals here to help you make the move. We are located in downtown Asheville, surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains. We are your local Asheville connection servicing the towns of Arden, Asheville, Black Mountain, Candler, Canton, Fairview, Leicester, Mars Hill, Hendersonville, Fletcher, Swannanoa, Waynesville, Weaverville, Woodfin, and surrounding areas.